The Edmonton Civic Employees Charitable Assistance Fund (ECEFAC) is one of our most valued partners. Both ECECAF and United Way of the Alberta Capital Region were established in 1941 and have worked together to build a strong connection and a history of doing great work in the local community.
For almost 60 years, ECECAF and its more than 11,000 members, representing nine local unions and associations, has contributed over $14 million to critical programs in our community through United Way.
There is evidence that low literacy early in life, poor nutrition, poor school performance, and lack of employment skills contribute to the cycle of poverty. This is why ECECAF’s committed to supporting school lunch programs, early literacy development and youth employment programs. ECECAF is helping to build foundations of success for children and youth in our region.
ECECAF has made a current invest to All in for Youth program and is supporting e4c’s nutrition program in five local inner-city schools. This contribution is directly impacting the lives of nearly 2,200 students, with over 900 meals, including breakfast, lunch and snacks.
We would like to, once again, acknowledge the Edmonton Civic Employees Charitable Assistance Fund Board of trustees for your years of support to United Way and for helping contribute to changing young lives for the better. On behalf of the thousands of children, youth and families impacted by the programs ECECAF supports, thank you!
Edmonton Civic Employees Charitable Assistance Fund includes 11,000 employees from these nine unions:
• Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 569
• United Nurses of Alberta (UNA) Local 196
• International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1007
• Association of Management and Non-Union Affiliates (AMNUA) - Alberta Health Services
• Unifor Local 829
• Edmonton Fire Fighters Union (EFFU) Local 209
• Edmonton Police Senior Officers Association
• Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 30
• City of Edmonton Management Association (CEMA)