Senior Administrative Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity for a service focused, engaged, administrative professional who has a strong drive to contribute to creating pathways out of poverty in Edmonton and area by providing varied administrative services to our Corporate Partnerships team and resource development projects, initiatives and events.
Our Corporate Partnerships team are strategic and innovative thinkers, strong relationship builders and committed to our mission by working in partnership with some of the largest and well-known corporations and public sector organizations in our region, to support and build community investment strategy and generate fund raising revenue.
You will collect, record, and generate/create reports on fund raising results information, perform corporate account and donor research, provide team calendar and meeting support (including taking minutes), and respond to workplace donor and volunteer inquiries related to communications materials, events, donations, pledges and receipting. You will also develop and coordinate general correspondence and custom materials and assist with small and large scale events.
This opportunity will also allow you to demonstrate, grow and make an impact by contributing in the areas of building and maintaining relationships (with some of the largest corporations and public service partners in the Alberta Capital Region), delivering high standard service related to our organizational/donor-centric model, and to participate in strategic team meetings.
Qualifications include an administrative diploma and three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Administrative/project management experience, advanced MS Office is required. Ability to organize and manage large volumes of work, and strong and written and verbal communications skills is also required. Database, Publisher and social media knowledge is preferred. Sales or marketing experience and knowledge of community investment and corporate social responsibility is an asset.
We offer rewarding work, a great workplace culture, and competitive compensation and benefits. This is a full time permanent position. This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please scroll down for additional “apply to” information.
Research and Evaluation Specialist
2 year+ term position
EndPovertyEdmonton (EPE) is a community-based initiative aimed at advancing a vision of shared prosperity for all, where every Edmontonian has an equal opportunity to live, work, participate, and thrive. Please visit www.endpovertyedmonton.ca for more details about the strategy to end poverty in Edmonton within a generation.
EPE is seeking a motivated and adaptive individual, with extensive knowledge and experience in research and evaluation.
The inaugural Research and Evaluation Specialist will report to the Executive Director to help build EndPovertyEdmonton, develop, coordinate and implement an evaluation plan, and contribute to ending poverty in our community.
You will also provide shared and strategic leadership to the EPE team, EPE Community Tables, and community-based initiatives to engage Edmontonians to end poverty.
- Develops, coordinates and implements, an evaluation plan addressing logic models, evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis, and reporting.
- Works closely with EPE’s community tables to ensure perspectives are incorporated, particularly in research and evaluation processes.
- Provides research and evaluation input to ongoing strategy development and execution.
- Develops relationships and collaborates with other agencies, academics, and researchers to establish links with other data systems, evaluations, and efforts to end poverty.
- Liaises with external stakeholders to support the development and maintenance of data collection tools and processes.
- Conducts secondary research and analysis of data, trends, and practices related to ending poverty, including preparation of reports and recommendations.
- Assists in organizational learning and capacity-building activities by providing relevant and timely analysis and insight on Collective Impact approaches.
- Contributes to applications for research and evaluation funding.
- Represents EPE in research and evaluation related activities.
- Champions EPE’s values and culture with EPE staff and community tables.
- Degree and several years’ experience in evaluation; equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience developing and implementing research, monitoring, and evaluation plans, systems, and tools.
- Participatory research and/or community-based experience using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Experience supporting colleagues in incorporating research findings into policies and programs.
- Experience in applied research, policy analysis, organizational learning, and program design an asset.
- Familiarity with complex and collaborative initiatives; knowledge of Collective Impact an asset.
- Experience with start-up, emerging, or evolving initiatives and organizations is an asset.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Ability to adapt to, and thrive amidst, ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to balance long-term thinking and planning with attention to detail.
- Motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and several projects and assignments.
- Experience working with small, integrated teams with shared leadership.
- Experience working in diverse and intercultural settings.
- Authentic and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood manner; English proficiency required.
- Ability to think and act strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively analyze and synthesize large volumes of complex information.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint, or similar programs.
This is a temporary position until December 31, 2019 with a possibility of extension. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. You will work from the United Way office (15132 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB) and travel within Edmonton will be required. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 15th or until a suitable candidate is found.
Human Resources Specialist
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
15132 Stony Plain Road
Edmonton, AB T5P 3Y3
Seasonal Job Info
United Way offers temporary job opportunities ranging from administrative roles to assisting with workplace campaigns. Positions are usually full time and vary in length.
If you are interested in applying for any of the temporary positions, the varying positions will be posted in our Careers section during the months of June to September. Resumes are also accepted in April and May prior to advertised postings. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org