Our Strategic Partnerships team are innovative and strategic thinkers, strong relationship builders and committed to our mission by working in partnership with some of the largest and well-known corporations and public sector organizations in our region, to support and build community investment strategies and generate fund raising revenue.
As part of this team, you share the passion to assist in creating pathways out of poverty for people in our region, you can effectively engage diverse stakeholders and drive results contributing to our important community impact work.
This high energy position includes developing donor and workplace volunteer relationships, setting campaign goals, implementing strategies and analyzing results. You will initiate and support multiple workplace fundraising campaigns primarily in the public sector including Government of Alberta and City of Edmonton. You will present information about community needs and take action to maximize support towards addressing and reducing poverty within the Alberta Capital region. You will provide leadership and support to a small internal (seasonal) team and 100+ external workplace volunteers, lead committees, and facilitate training sessions. You will also collaborate with cross-functional internal teams and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced and vibrant work environment.
This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate, grow and make an impact in many areas including building and maintaining relationships, delivering high standard service (related to our organizational/donor-centric model), and strategic team meetings.
Qualifications include a fundraising or sales/marketing experience, project management and strategic planning experience. You have a proven ability to present an informative and persuasive message to individuals and groups, ability to lead and manage volunteers and staff, MS Office proficiency, data management, and highly effective written and verbal communication skills. You must be personally aligned with our mission, act with integrity, think conceptually, and have the ability to work independently and manage many priorities during peak activity periods. Your background includes a degree or diploma in a related area plus three years in a similar position. Equivalencies will be considered. Knowledge of community investment and corporate social responsibility is an asset. Occasional lifting of campaign materials up to 25lbs is required. A vehicle is also required.
We offer rewarding work, a positive workplace culture, and competitive compensation. This is a full time permanent position.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please scroll down for additional “apply to” information.
This position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Director, Talent Management
Our team is committed to doing great work every day to create pathways out of poverty for people in our community. The Director, Talent Management can have an incredible impact to this work by providing human resources leadership in a workplace that continues to grow and evolve to meet the needs in our community.
With a small and capable human resources team, you will lead and deliver top notch services; nurturing an effective culture, implementing HR best practices and helping others navigate sensitive situations. Supported by the HR Specialist, external vendors and web based technology; you will develop, lead, manage and/or deliver our talent management, development, and recognition programs and our comprehensive benefits program. You will oversee and contribute to the development of effective job descriptions, the preparation of job evaluations and the management of recruitment and selection activities for a complement of permanent and temporary positions. Other big buckets include salary administration, policy development and maintenance, and support to a board committee.
The ideal candidate will be mission aligned, fully versed on a broad range of talent management strategies, and be masterful at developing effective working relationships. You have a proven ability to develop innovative solutions, manage multiple and changing priorities, and can effectively leverage technology. This position involves a lot of writing and you’ll need to be good at that. You operate with attention to detail, can work through administrative processes and know legislated employment requirements. Your experience includes group facilitation, creation and delivery of presentations and training along with a minimum of six years in a similar leadership position. Related post secondary education and a CPHR designation is preferred.
The right candidate will apply right away and be available early April. Send your application and resume to email@example.com
Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted and all are thanked for their interest.
EndPovertyEdmonton (EPE) is a community-based initiative aimed at advancing a vision of shared prosperity for all, where every Edmontonian has an equal opportunity to live, work, participate, and thrive. Please visit www.endpovertyedmonton.ca for more details about the strategy to end poverty in Edmonton within a generation.
The inaugural Communications Officer will report to the Executive Director to help build EndPovertyEdmonton. You will develop and implement a communications plan and provide shared and strategic leadership to the EPE team, EPE Community Tables, and community-based initiatives to engage Edmontonians to end poverty.
You have extensive experience in communications and social marketing, enjoy leading new initiatives, and have a track record of producing communications strategies that get results. Areas of focus include strategic communications, social marketing, and public engagement.
- Oversee and develop communications materials and campaigns (videos, newsletter, press releases, website content, awareness campaigns).
- Lead the development and execution of a communications plan and strategy, including social and traditional media and public engagement.
- Provide communications support to the Secretariat and Community Tables.
- Liaise with contractors, designers, and suppliers in the development of communications materials.
- Support media spokespersons and act as organizational spokesperson when needed.
- Represent EPE at related communications and engagement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with stakeholders.
- Champion EPE’s values and culture with EPE staff and community.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field and several years’ experience in communications and/or marketing; equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution of innovative approaches to communications and social change, public and stakeholder consultation, and issues management.
- Extensive experience in communications, social marketing, community and media relations, and public consultation.
- Experience developing engaging written and multimedia content.
- Familiarity with digital communications.
- Experience in overseeing the production of corporate reports, presentations, publications and large scale awareness and engagement campaigns.
- Experience with complex and collaborative initiatives; experience with start-up, emerging, or evolving initiatives and organizations is an asset.
- Experience working with small, integrated teams with shared leadership.
- Proficiency with MS Office and related programs.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood manner; English proficiency required.
- Commitment to the values of EndPovertyEdmonton
- Ability to adapt to, and thrive amidst, ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to balance long-term thinking and planning with attention to detail.
- Motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and several projects and assignments.
- Authentic and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to think and act strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively analyze and synthesize large volumes of complex information
This is a temporary position until December 31, 2019 with a possibility of extension. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. You will work from the United Way office (15132 Stony Plain Road) and travel within Edmonton will be required. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2nd. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Human Resources Specialist
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
15132 Stony Plain Road
Edmonton, AB T5P 3Y3
Seasonal Job Info
United Way offers temporary job opportunities ranging from administrative roles to assisting with workplace campaigns. Positions are usually full time and vary in length.
If you are interested in applying for any of the temporary positions, the varying positions will be posted in our Careers section during the months of June to September. Resumes are also accepted in April and May prior to advertised postings. Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com