Your primary role as Receptionist will be to provide professional and courteous reception services. This will involve managing five telephone lines, greeting and directing visitors, responding to or directing inquiries, and coordinating mail and deliveries. As a member of the Building and Office Services team you will be responsible for updating various electronic and manual records, ordering supplies and assisting with building security administration. You will support other administrative functions including reviewing, coding and reconciling invoices, and booking meeting room/venues. The work and projects can vary widely as different priorities emerge.
Professional etiquette is essential for the right candidate along with a demonstrated ability to adapt easily to different people and respond positively to inquiries and changing priorities. The successful candidate will have an understanding of office procedures, possess basic to intermediate level MS Office skills, have strong English communication skills, and be able to calmly manage several tasks simultaneously. You notice the details, can write a professional memo or email and have the ability to quickly learn and retain information about our organization. Minimum qualifications include grade 12 education and one year experience in a similar role. Equivalencies will be considered.
This is a full time permanent Monday – Friday day time position with the occasional requirement to work before or after regular business hours.
We offer rewarding work, a great workplace culture, and competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please scroll down for additional “apply to” information. The position will remain open until a selection is made.
Research and Evaluation Specialist
2 year+ term position
EndPovertyEdmonton (EPE) is a community-based initiative aimed at advancing a vision of shared prosperity for all, where every Edmontonian has an equal opportunity to live, work, participate, and thrive. Please visit www.endpovertyedmonton.ca for more details about the strategy to end poverty in Edmonton within a generation.
EPE is seeking a motivated and adaptive individual, with extensive knowledge and experience in research and evaluation.
The inaugural Research and Evaluation Specialist will report to the Executive Director to help build EndPovertyEdmonton, develop, coordinate and implement an evaluation plan, and contribute to ending poverty in our community.
You will also provide shared and strategic leadership to the EPE team, EPE Community Tables, and community-based initiatives to engage Edmontonians to end poverty.
- Develops, coordinates and implements, an evaluation plan addressing logic models, evaluation questions, data collection methods, analysis, and reporting.
- Works closely with EPE’s community tables to ensure perspectives are incorporated, particularly in research and evaluation processes.
- Provides research and evaluation input to ongoing strategy development and execution.
- Develops relationships and collaborates with other agencies, academics, and researchers to establish links with other data systems, evaluations, and efforts to end poverty.
- Liaises with external stakeholders to support the development and maintenance of data collection tools and processes.
- Conducts secondary research and analysis of data, trends, and practices related to ending poverty, including preparation of reports and recommendations.
- Assists in organizational learning and capacity-building activities by providing relevant and timely analysis and insight on Collective Impact approaches.
- Contributes to applications for research and evaluation funding.
- Represents EPE in research and evaluation related activities.
- Champions EPE’s values and culture with EPE staff and community tables.
- Degree and several years’ experience in evaluation; equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Experience developing and implementing research, monitoring, and evaluation plans, systems, and tools.
- Participatory research and/or community-based experience using both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Experience supporting colleagues in incorporating research findings into policies and programs.
- Experience in applied research, policy analysis, organizational learning, and program design an asset.
- Familiarity with complex and collaborative initiatives; knowledge of Collective Impact an asset.
- Experience with start-up, emerging, or evolving initiatives and organizations is an asset.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Ability to adapt to, and thrive amidst, ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Ability to balance long-term thinking and planning with attention to detail.
- Motivation and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and several projects and assignments.
- Experience working with small, integrated teams with shared leadership.
- Experience working in diverse and intercultural settings.
- Authentic and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood manner; English proficiency required.
- Ability to think and act strategically, remaining focused on goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively analyze and synthesize large volumes of complex information.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint, or similar programs.
This is a temporary position until December 31, 2019 with a possibility of extension. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. You will work from the United Way office (15132 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB) and travel within Edmonton will be required. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 15th or until a suitable candidate is found.
Human Resources Specialist
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
15132 Stony Plain Road
Edmonton, AB T5P 3Y3
Seasonal Job Info
United Way offers temporary job opportunities ranging from administrative roles to assisting with workplace campaigns. Positions are usually full time and vary in length.
If you are interested in applying for any of the temporary positions, the varying positions will be posted in our Careers section during the months of June to September. Resumes are also accepted in April and May prior to advertised postings. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org