Frequently Asked Questions
What can I donate?
We accept most vehicles including but not limited to cars, trucks, vans, SUV’s, trailers, RV’s and boats. There are a few conditions that must be met in order for your vehicle to qualify.
- Donation must be made by the registered owner, or their legal representative.
- Vehicle must be registered in Canada.
- Vehicle must be in ‘complete’ state with no major parts missing.
- Special conditions will apply to boats, trailers, and RVs
- We cannot accept vehicles with insurance claims against them.
- We cannot accept vehicles with liens or encumbrances on them.
- We are able to accept vehicles with body damage.
- In most cases RVs are required to be dropped off, however they will be handled on an individual basis.
My car hasn’t run in years. Can I still donate it?
Yes, Donate A Car Canada can accept non-running vehicles.
What if I do not have insurance?
If your vehicle is being recycled, you no longer require insurance on the vehicle once it has been picked up by our towing agent. If your vehicle is going to auction, we suggest that you keep insurance on your vehicle until the vehicle has sold. We will notify you by email when your vehicle has been sold.
Have more questions? Click here.