- This event has passed.
Strategies for Success
October 5 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This is a workshop designed for individuals aged 17-25 looking to develop their personal and professional skills. The workshop will be delivered by a professional facilitator with years of experience delivering workshops to individuals from diverse professional backgrounds.
Workshop goal: Provide young adults with interpersonal skills to gain an edge and experience greater success in work, school and life. We cover essential skills such as communicating professionally, best practices for the job interview, networking to build relationships and so much more.
A lunch will be provided and participants will receive a certificate upon completion of the workshop.
1. Professional Etiquette Fundamentals to Build Respect
- Basics of self introductions
- Non-verbal communication to build trust and rapport
2. Make a Positive Impression Through Technology
- Identify best practices for email, voice mail, cell phone and social media presence
3. Harness the Power of Image
- Tips for creating a positive first impression
- Image management tools to gain credibility
- Wardrobe building tips to save time and money
4. Effective Job Interview Skills
- Practice session to gain confidence
- Effective follow up
5. Savvy Networking – Connecting with Ease
- Overcoming shyness
- Making meaningful small talk and taking it to big talk
- Follow up to make networking pay off
6. Nurturing and Maintaining Relationships
- Follow-up steps after meeting key contacts
- Using the personal touch to leave a lasting impression
Workshop format: Lively mini lectures, skills practice, group discussions and PowerPoint visuals.