Term position until December 2019
The Communications and Engagement Assistant at EndPovertyEdmonton (EPE) works with the Secretariat team and stakeholders to support the strategy to end poverty in Edmonton within a generation and advance a vision of shared prosperity for all, where every Edmontonian has an equal opportunity to live, work, participate, and thrive.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will assist in engaging Edmontonians in the movement to end poverty by providing communications, engagement, and administrative support.
- Provide related support to Secretariat and community tables, including minute taking and scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Plan, support, coordinate, and execute events.
- Review and coordinate communications materials as required.
- Respond to external requests and inquiries.
- Create and update various forms, reporting systems, and templates.
- Create and present internal and external reports and maintain files and records.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and represent EPE in the community.
- Contribute to strategy and organizational development.
- Champion EPE’s values and culture with EPE staff and Community Tables.
- Support other areas as required.
- Two year diploma in a related area and a minimum of three years experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills. Familiarity with SharePoint or similar program and social media platforms.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Experience working in a small office setting and operating office equipment.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage large volumes of work and several projects and assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including note taking skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Authentic and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to anticipate team requirements and manage proactively.
- Motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and tolerance for ambiguity.
- Access to a vehicle is an asset.
This is a temporary position until December 2019 with the possibility of extension. The fiscal agent for EndPovertyEdmonton is United Way of the Alberta Capital Region and this position works out of the United Way office at 15132 Stony Plain Road.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8th 2018.
For more information, please visit www.endpovertyedmonton.ca