The decision to make an enduring legacy gift is personal.  It is a commitment to the future and a means to ensure your support continues in perpetuity.

There are many options available to you as a donor.  These options include:


The same caring which motivates people to give of their time, talents and money to charities or causes they have supported during their lifetime also motivates people at any economic level to leave bequests to those same causes in their Will.

A gift made now or one made later through a bequest does not have to be large to play an important part in the help United Way provides in your community.

Your first consideration must always be to provide for loved ones, whether family or special friends. And, as you have supported the community through United Way for years, you need not forget us when making your Will.

Gift of Property

Donating property is one way to use what you already own to make a significant contribution to United Way of the Alberta Capital Region. There are a number of ways to donate property now or in the future, and each provides different tax benefits and levels of flexibility.

Gift of Trust

Charitable remainder trusts are emerging as an important gift planning vehicle being suggested to individuals not only by charities, but also by lawyers, trust officers and financial planners.

Broadly defined, a charitable remainder trust is any trust where all or a portion of the remaining trust assets are distributed to a charity at the termination of the trust.

Gift of Life Insurance

A gift of life insurance is a way to make a significant gift in the future while receiving tax benefits today. You can give United Way of the Alberta Capital Region ownership of a new policy, a paid-up policy, or a policy on which premiums remain to be paid.

The Next Step

Please contact United Way at 780-990-1000 for more information.

When you are considering what is the right Planned Gift for you to give, we would be pleased to discuss it with you, but we also ask you to consult your lawyer or financial advisor to obtain independent legal or financial advice.