United Way’s Sponsored Campaign Representative Program offers a unique professional, personal and community development experience for the leaders of tomorrow – your up and coming employees.
By participating in our program you not only make a meaningful and measurable investment in the community, you also make an investment in your employees and your business.
In return, our program provides a great way to increase the profile of your organization and give your staff the opportunity to discover and develop untapped skills.
A Crucial Community Role
Working under the management and guidance of a United Way staff member, Sponsored Campaign Representatives play a crucial role in providing leadership and customer service to more than 500 workplace campaigns. Well-run United Way campaigns make the greatest impact in helping create pathways out of poverty.
United Way values our partners and will publicly recognize your contribution in multiple ways including:
- Recognition on the United Way web page
- Recognition at United Way events including Campaign Kickoff and Red Tie Gala, on signage, screens, etc.
- Mention of support on United Way's social media
- Public acknowledgment with our 500+ supported workplace campaigns
The Benefits - Getting involved is good for business, employees and the community!
This program positions your organization as a community-minded employer of choice, helping you recruit and retain great employees.
During their term, Sponsored Campaign Representatives will acquire over 500 hours of hands-on experience. Opportunities for growth include:
- One-on-One mentorship with a senior leader
- Professional coaching and goal setting
- Development of confidence and leadership
- Public speaking and presentation training
- Strategic thinking and organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Networking opportunities
- Brand exposure as a caring company
- Demonstration of commitment to the community
- Build a purposeful company culture
- Grow emotional commitment to your company and its goals
- Foster passionate, energized, and empowered employees
Employees return to their work-places with a greater understanding of social issues, new skills and perspectives, an expanded professional network, and greater leadership potential.
How it Works
Lend an employee to United Way for a 16-week term during our annual fall campaign. Ideal
candidates are outgoing, innovative, and comfortable in an open team environment. Your employee
will encounter a unique set of opportunities and challenges as they work towards strengthening our
community. Your employee will return to your organization with an enhanced skill set.
Provide financial support so United Way can hire a temporary employee. If you would like to support this program, but do not have an eligible employee, you can provide financial sponsorship of all or part of the $15,000* needed to hire one full-time Sponsored Campaign Representative.
*$15,000 covers the Sponsored Campaign Representative’s salary, statutory benefits and training.
Employee Requirements: Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required. Must be available August 20 - December 7 full-time.
“This isn't your typical everyday position. Your personal and professional development will
grow exponentially and you will finish with a sense of belonging to the incredible community
you live in."
- Brittany Marsh, Past Sponsored Campaign Representative
Interested? Contact us.
United Way of the Alberta Capital Region
15132 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5P 3Y3
Dave Chowne, Director - Resource Development Operations
Helen Allan, Human Resources Specialist
Last year, 14 organizations supported United Way’s Sponsored Campaign Representative Program by lending an employee or donating sponsorship funding.
We thank the following for their support of this important program: